The BLS Instructor Essentials Course is designed to prepare instructor candidates to teach AHA Instructor-led and blended learning courses. This course educates instructor candidates on how to adequately use AHA Instructor teaching materials, ensure that students meet learning objectives, offer student coaching skills, provide an objective skills performance evaluation, and follow AHA Instructor and course policies. The course covers core content and discipline-specific content required to teach AHA courses.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
- BLS for Healthcare Providers Online Part 1
- HeartCode® BLS Part 1
- Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED
- Heartsaver® CPR AED
- Heartsaver® First Aid
- Heartsaver® Pediatric First Aid
- Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED Online Part 1
- Heartsaver® CPR AED Online Part 1
- Heartsaver® First Aid Online Part 1
BLS Instructor Essentials covers planning and preparation for courses, instructing courses, conducting written exams and skills testing and keeping your BLS Instructor status current. It includes approximately 30 minutes of general information about instructing AHA courses, followed by course-specific information and hands on skills.
IMPORTANT: Prior to taking this course, candidates must have a current course completion card in BLS for Healthcare Providers and complete BLS Instructor Essentials Course Online at https://www.onlineaha.org/courses/97(sold separately). Candidates must also align with an AHA BLS Training Center that is accepting new BLS Instructor
Upon successful completion of all steps, candidates receive a BLS Instructor card, valid for two years. Features:
- Online Course is self-directed and available 24/7
- Certificate of completion available to print upon successful completion; certificate must be presented at the inperson BLS Instructor Course
- Access to course content for 12 months following activation of course key
- The Online Course takes approximately two hours to complete. The Classroom portion takes approx four hours to complete.
This course offers continuing education credit for physicians, nurses, pharmacists, physician assistants and EMS.
There is a 10% fee charged on all class cancellations.
There is no refund for cancellations less than 7 days prior to the class start date.
If Southern Region (SREMSC) cancels the class a full refund will be issued (less any applicable course materials).
There are no fees incurred if the class is rescheduled for another date.