Advanced Medical Life Supprot (AMLS) is the first EMS education program that fully addresses how best to assess and manage the most common medical emergencies in patients offering a "think outside the box" methodology. It is for all levels of practitioners including emergency medical technicians at any level, paramedics, nurses, nurse practioners, physician assistants, nurse anesthestists and physicians.
This 2 day class consists of interactive lectures, teaching and evaluation stations.
Lectures include the following topics: altered mental status and neurological disorders, respiratory dysfunction, shock, chest discomfort, endocrine, medical and environmental disorders, abdominal discomfort, infectious disease and toxicological emergencies, hazmat and weapons of mass destruction.
The primary goals of AMLS are as follows:
1. Apply Critical thinking skills to intergrate patho-physiology with the assessment findings of a medical patient.
2. Identify and differentiate between actual and potential patient problems.
3. Improve your ability to conduct a competent medical examination that utilizes proper diagnostic skills, critical thinking and intevention.
4. Improve your ability to utilize problem solving strategies in interventions and manage alternatives.
5. Review the communication procedures necessary to relay pertinent findings and interventions to the receiving facility.
If you cancel your registration at any time, you will have 7 days to return unopened class materials. The cost of opened materials will be deducted from your refund. There will be no refund if cancelled 7 days prior to the class.
REMSC reserves the right to cancel a class if enrollment is less than 4 students on the stated registration deadline. If SREMSC cancels the class, the full amount of the class will be refunded minus the cost of books unless they are returned open.